Under Republic Act 9679, Pag-IBIG membership is now a requirement for the issuance of the Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC). Beginning July 18, 2010 the Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO – Singapore) will collect Pag-IBIG membership dues prior to the issuance of the OEC. This arrangement will provide more OFWs greater access to the huge benefits available only to members. These benefits include the provident savings, multi—purpose, calamity and housing loans.
Who should register with the Pag-IBIG Fund as members?
With the signing of Republic Act No. 9679, effective January 1, 2010 membership to the Fund shall be mandatory for the following:
- All employees, workers, professionals, officers and companies who are compulsorily covered by the SSS and GSIS
- Uniformed members of the Armed Forces of the Philippines, the Bureau of Fire Protection, the Bureau of Jail Management and Penology, and the Philippine National Police
- All members of the judiciary and constitutional commissions
- Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs)
- Filipinos employed by foreign-based employers, whether deployed locally or abroad.
How much is the Pag-IBIG contribution?
The initial monthly contribution is SGD 5.50. The peso equivalent at the time of payment will apply and credited to the member’s account.
Forex: SGD 1.00 = Php 33.00
Initial Pag-IBIG contribution: SGD 5.50
Multiply by: Php33.00
Amount credited to member’s fund: Php181.50
What are the benefits of being a member of the Pag-IBIG Fund?
The contributions that an OFW member makes are credited to his Total Accumulated Value (TAV) or savings which are fully guaranteed by the national government.
The member’s savings earn annual dividends that are tax-free. The dividend rate varies depending on the net income of the Fund at yearend. For 2009 Pag-IBIG declared P8.5 billion in total dividends giving members a dividend rate of 5% on their savings.
Pag-IBIG savings are also portable, meaning, these remain in the name of a member even if he transfers employers, works abroad or becomes self-employed or even unemployed.
- Short-Term Loan
A member is entitled to borrow short-term loans offered by the Fund to help address immediate financial needs.
- Housing Loan
A member of good standing may avail of a Pag-IBIG home financing loan from the Fund with some of the lowest interest rates in the market, and repayment terms of up to 30 years. Pag-IBIG housing loans offer low monthly amortizations, making it possible for even low-salary employees to benefit from the program.
A Pag-IBIG member will enjoy the following benefits:
When can a Pag-IBIG member registered under the Mandatory Coverage (Pag-IBIG 1), withdraw his/her contributions?
A member may claim his Total Accumulated Value (TAV) after 20 years of membership with the Fund and after having made a total of 240 monthly contributions.
A member may also withdraw his savings before the 20-year maturity under these valid grounds:
* Permanent departure from the country
* Permanent or total physical disability
* Death of the member
* Termination from service by reason of health
* Optional withdrawal after 10 or 15 years of continuous contributions
What are the requirements to become a Pag-IBIG 1 member?
- Filled up Members Registration Form (Download MRF)
- Present original or photocopy of Philippine Passport / NRIC / E Pass / S Pass / Work Permit
What proof should the Pag-IBIG 1 member bring on applying for OEC?
- Valid Pag-IBIG Fund receipt or
- Latest Pag-IBIG payment made to our accredited remittance center / banks.
Note: Member must have a payment for the past six (6) months.
How can OFWs register under the Mandatory Coverage (Pag-IBIG 1)?
OFWS may register through the Pag-IBIG desks located at:
- Philippine Embassy – Singapore: Counter 4
- Lucky Plaza 2nd floor Unit 45 Lucky Plaza
- Lucky Plaza 3rd floor Unit 69 (during Sunday only)
Where can I pay for my Pag-IBIG contributions?
For Pag-IBIG numbers with T-Series number, you may pay directly to:
- Metro Remittance (S) Pte Ltd- #03-30 Lucky Plaza
- Iremit (S) Pte Ltd – #03-69 Lucky Plaza
- Philippine National Bank – #03-02/07 Lucky Plaza
For Pag-IBIG numbers with MID or 12 digit number, you may pay directly to:
- Metro Remittance (S) Pte Ltd – #03-30 Lucky Plaza
- Iremit (S) Pte Ltd – #03-69 Lucky Plaza
For more details, contact:
Mr. Eric E. Elloso, Information Officer
Tel.No. (+65) 6737 0307
Mobile No. (+65) 9423 6535